Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Am Thankful

It seems as though I often find myself thinking about the things for which I am grateful. Every day when I wake up, I peer into the bedrooms of my sleeping children and my heart overflows with pride and complete adoration for the two of them. I am so thankful I have them in my life! I realize that even though the day-to-day routine of raising children is a tiring and sometimes thankless job, I would not trade it or them for anything! They are a gift from God. They are my present and my future. They are what drive me to work hard to move forward in life. I will always love and provide for them, teach them the lessons of life and pick them up when they fall. Being a parent is not always fun. It is not always enjoyable, but it is always rewarding and worth every bit of energy you put into them. I hope to guide them appropriately in life and when it is time to set them free, I want them to soar freely to conquer every dream they have ever had! The will know I will always be here to celebrate their successes and comfort them when life throws them curveballs. Thank you for reading my thought for today. I hope you are able to stop and reflect on those who mean the world to you. The love you feel for them is what will sustain you, real soul food.

No comments:

Post a Comment