Monday, September 26, 2011

300 miles in 3 months challenge

I was on FB today and one of my friends told me about this cool challenge. It is a physical activity challenge that would require you to walk, run, swim, etc. approximately 25 miles each week. To further break this down, if you exercised 6 days out of 7 days, giving yourself a day off each week, you would have to do approximately 4 miles daily. Get yourself a pedometer and count all your walking throughout the day. I know, for sure, when I was working in the ER, I must have easily put 2-3 miles on each shift. On average, if you walk 2000 steps, it is about one mile. You can do this!

The challenge will start on October 1, 2001. Get your pedometers and your walking shoes ready to roll! Go to my facebook wall and accept the challenge! (This is an optional Task. I do highly recommend it, however. Don't forget to keep track of your miles / steps!)

Let's do it together! It would be very rewarding and the added benefit of health and weight loss, well...just plain ROCKS!

Much love!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment