Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 2: Question: What quality relationships do I need to maintain or grow?

Is this a trick question?  Not all relationships are quality all the time. Sometimes you relate well with people in your life and other times, by human nature, you might struggle to connect. What is important, however is that we nurture the relationships that bring us happiness and fulfillment. Good relationships take work. They take understanding and interest by both parties.

It is my intention to always nurture the relationships I form with others, so long as it brings no harm to either party. I came to a revelation last year. I finally realized that is not the material possessions I own, or the number of degrees I can list behind my name or how much money I make that matter in life. What really matters are the relationships I cultivate over the span of my lifetime. When I go to the grave, will my bank account leave a legacy? The obvious answer is no.  What will have impact, on the world I someday leave behind, are the relationships I cared enough to recognize as important.

Cherish the relationships you have. Shower them with lots of love and attention. As they grow, so will you. That sense of connection is like soul food. Without it, ordinary is just ordinary. Our relationships allow us to share our experiences, to look at things on a deeper and more meaningful level.


No comments:

Post a Comment