Friday, January 6, 2012

Unique Gifts

Someone recently asked for my permission to offer a comment on something she had observed me doing... Being the open-minded person that I am, I granted her permission to share her thoughts. She went on to say that she had been deeply bothered by the fact that during an interaction that included both of us, she had observed me, on more than one occasion, apologize for my weaknesses instead of leading with my strengths. These are not character flaws I admitted to having, but rather skill sets I do not possess due to my previous work experience. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not one to cower in the face of rising to the occasion to learn and grow. For the first time in my life, I am beginning to show signs of defeat. I have always been confident and unafraid to use my strength of character and willingness to learn. My friend went on to remind me that what I have to bring to the table is just as important to the common goal as any of the offerings of others. My take away is that it is the blending of skills that make relationships and businesses grow. The reason for my writing this post is my attempt to point out that it is not okay for others to make you feel less than you really are. Do not allow anyone to force you to raise questions about what you have to offer. You are significant and what you have to offer is relevant. It is at the loss of others who chose to discredit your efforts, especially when you have worked hard to be your best. I am not saying don't strive to learn and grow. I am saying, always take comfort in knowing that you are uniquely gifted. Take pride in who you are and what you have accomplished. Even more, be kind to yourself when you are not quite where you want to be. As long as you are trying, you are succeeding. Show up as you and be proud of it!

2 comments:

  1. Your a special woman and we love ya just the way u are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim. I think I needed that reality check though because in light of being forced to see what I have begun to do helps me understand the way I have been feeling....I now have my mojo in check and I can proceed as I normally would, with confidence! :)

    ReplyDelete