Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 6: How do I enjoy this moment right now?

Do any of you suffer with "crazy monkey brain"? I sometimes have a hard time slowing down enough to take note of the small, wonderful miracles all around.  This is something I am trying very hard to do, but continue to struggle with all the time. I have no great advice about this subject matter because I have a very busy mind. I think most people might struggle with this in today's society.

There is only one setting in which I am able to be fully present. It is when I am outside, surrounded by nature. It is only there that I can experience all my senses. I have a much deeper awareness and level of enjoyment. This is when I am able to clear my mind and just be present.

Slow down. Stop to recognize what you are feeling, seeing, smelling, and hearing in the moment. That is when you are truly present and mindful. This is a small piece of the calm and tranquility we all need at times.  It is unrealisitc to think we can have this all the time. It just won't happen, but when it does, it makes the experience that much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment